Should You Hire a Résumé Writer?
The answer is, it all depends on
- If you know exactly what you want in a new job or career.
- If you’ve decided on a target job title or a narrowly defined role.
- If you know how to write the three résumés types to be competitive in today’s job market. (And that doesn’t include a new twist on those résumés for every position for which you apply.)
- If you know how to get past the résumé-reading robots.
- If you know the difference between a résumé formatted to be ATS-optimized and one formatted for a human to read.
- If you know all the keywords associated with your target job or career.
- How skilled you are in writing in general.
If the answer is “NO” to most if not all of the above “IFs” then you need the services of a skilled résumé writer in order to compete well in today’s job market.
According to Ian Siegel, CEO, and co-founder of ZipRecruiter, “If you’re like a lot of people, putting pen to paper and writing absolutely anything is a painful process. Writing a résumé is even more painful than usual because it’s not just writing but also “selling,” which doesn’t come naturally to most people. So is it worth the money to hire a résumé writing service to help you write or refine your résumé?”
“I’m a big fan of résumé-writing services because they spend all day, every day doing for a living what you haven’t done for years [or ever]: writing résumés. They specialize in perfecting a small part of the job search process that is integral to your success.”
I have read and edited thousands of résumés as an employer, a Career Services Director, and owner of a résumé writing service. I can say without reservation that over 90% of them did not present the writer well enough to generate a call for an interview. (Oh, and by the way, the fundamental purpose for submitting a résumé is to get an interview, nothing more and nothing less.) It’s an ad! If it doesn’t catch the reader’s attention IMMEDIATELY, it gets tossed.
We specialize in writing.
- Entry-level résumé (including recent graduates of career schools and colleges, junior and senior colleges, and community colleges.)
- Mid-Level Career résumés (including for those in mid-level IT positions.)
- Résumés for military veterans recently discharged.
- ATS-Optimized résumés for those job seekers who will use Internet Job Boards and other Online application processes.
Here is how we provide the service.
- A prospective client will complete a questionnaire for a fee-free consultation by email.
- If the prospective client agrees to work with us, they will complete a comprehensive résumé data form.
- The next step is the most important; deciding on a target job title or narrowly defined role. Suppose the client has not made that decision. In that case, we will work with them through an assessment process to make a clear decision about a target job title or narrowly defined role.
- Once a decision is made about a target job title or a narrowly defined role. We will write the first draft of a keyword-rich résumé for review.
- Now comes the fun part of writing a series of drafts, if needed, until a final version is approved.
- These are the end products of FindJobsQuickly résumé writing service.
- A Master résumé that includes all of a client’s education and training, work history, and accomplishments.
- An ATS-optimized résumé formatted to be read by Application Tracking Systems.
- A résumé formatted to be read initially for a human.
- Our fees for all of the above services.
- Entry-level résumés, $197
- Mid-level career résumés, $397
Additional services include cover letter writing and LinkedIn profile development.
Be sure to "Subscribe" to get new posts by email. And go here to get your free report, "How to Cut Your Job Search Time in Half."