"Vocation" is the word we use to describe a calling or work where you find purpose. Working within your vocation means it is much more likely to enjoy your work. Work satisfaction is vital as you look in terms of the next job that you want to do.
That may sound vague, so let's flesh it out a little. Your vocation, or purpose, is a theme for your entire life, not just work. The type of service you are here to provide is the aspects of life that you will serve, protect, or heal.
Your purpose is present in every area of your life. It is:
- Something that fits you absolutely
You know you are living your purpose when:
- You like getting up in the morning (or at least most mornings!)
- You can see the contributions that you are making through work
- Your income meets your needs and goals
- Your relationships are satisfying
- You feel healthy and energetic
- You feel good about yourself