When answering interview questions, keep the focus on job-related topics and avoid getting too deeply into personal issues, emphasize your strengths and be positive, even when describing a weakness of difficult past work experience.
The 3-step process to answering interview questions
- Make a positive impression.
- Communicate your skills.
- Use control statements to your advantage.
- Answer problem questions.
- Ask key questions.
- Help the employer know why they should hire you.
- Close the interview properly.
- Follow up after the interview.